Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Monday, Monday


















I love Mondays.  I wake up happy every time I realize it's Monday*.  It's Pace's day off, so that's an obvious bonus, but for some reason we never seem to have any obligations on Mondays, and staying home and puttering about is my favorite thing on earth.  (I type that and think of Dorcas Lane on Larkrise to Candleford--everything was her absolute favorite, and I completely get that.)

I've been getting my sewing/knitting/cooking mojo back.  It always takes me about six months after having a baby to get back in the swing of things.  The last few days I feel like I'm coming back to myself.  I remember when Sarah was a few days old and I was sitting up in bed feeding her at some late hour, wanting to cry because I didn't think I'd ever again be able to go to bed and just sit up and read a book.  Have normal things on my nightstand instead of nose suckers and wet wipes and lanolin.  But lo and behold!  I've read a few actual books since then and have finished an actual knitting project and sewn an actual outfit for my darling girl (photos coming)!  And now I feel like myself again.

We cleaned the entire house yesterday to get ready for a party last night.  The kids wrote out lists and followed them, except for Grayson who is blessed with amazing creativity, and that doesn't generally translate to terrific focus.  He walked around with the kitchen timer clipped to his pants (his idea) to remind him he was supposed to be doing something.  By afternoon the entire house was clean--a first in six months, I'm convinced--and we had friends over for a very loud, very fun dinner and The Voice viewing.  (Guy who sang the Whitney Houston song?  Uh-mazing!!)

Now I've woken up to a very clean house with very few things on my plate today.  That NEVER happens, and I'm giddy with excitement!  I have a bunny to finish before Easter, and I cast on adorable baby pants for an adorable baby girl with adorable baby curls (J'adore!), so I have plenty to keep me happy while staying inside and staying warm today.  Texas weather is confused this week, and it's freezing here!!  I love it.

My entire goal today is to keep the kids (and me; I'm a serious piler) from getting anything messy or dirty just for one whole day.  It's doubtful, but I'm hopeful.  So even though it's Tuesday, I'm happy as a clam.

*I do know today is Tuesday, which is not as nice as Monday, but these photos were from yesterday.

p.s.  Anybody else have a dog with just one goopy eye?  It's chronically this way; any ideas?

7 comments:

  1. My dog has two goopy eyes....another great use for baby wipes ~ lol. Yeah for a clean house! Mine needs some serious attention right now, but the paint roller is calling my name. Your precious baby girl ~ sigh!!!! PS I am also a piler......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Mondays as well. Our Tuesdays are crazy, but if I can keep Monday sane the whole week rolls ahead so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder if there is an over the counter eye cream for people that you could use? An eye is an surely?! Ps love the baby grin xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's a pretty nasty eye infection. My choco lab is prone, too. Please don't use baby wipes. Call the vet for a pink eye drop as soon as you can. It does burn and hurt them and will spread to the other eye.

    We put a benedryl tab in our lab's breakfast and dinner to ward off the goob. It works and he hasn't had an infection in at least a year. You can get a huge bottle at Costco for very cheap. Worth every penny to avoid the goob outbreak.

    ReplyDelete
  5. JMS is spot on. Puppy needs antibiotic ointment. Loved the "to do" list. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mondays must be your "one weakness"! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Sarah, you make this great aunt smile. I love, love your take on the day after totally cleaning the house. I do that. I clean until I'm about dead and the next day I'm paranoid about the speck of dust that will have the audacity to land on anything in my house. And then the next day I think, "Who cares?"

    Never ends. But it's nice to find the joy in that one day that everything is actually sparkling clean, isn't it?

    Love your photos. You make very beautiful babies. xoxo Aunt Barb

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment!